LAS CRUCES - Three people were killed and 14 others injured in a shooting Friday night at Young Park in Las Cruces, according to city officials.
The incident occurred around 10 p.m. March 21 at the park, located at 850 S. Walnut St. The victims killed include two 19-year-old men and a 16-year-old boy. Police have not released the names of the deceased or the injured.
The 14 people who were injured range in age from 16 to 36, officials said.
As of Saturday morning, no arrests had been made. Las Cruces police said they are actively investigating and following multiple leads.
Authorities are asking the public to submit any video related to the shooting through a secure site. Anyone with information is urged to contact police at 575-526-0795.
The Las Cruces Police Department is receiving assistance from the FBI, Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, New Mexico State Police and the Doña Ana County Sheriff’s Office.
A news conference is scheduled for 11 a.m. Saturday in Council Chambers at Las Cruces City Hall, 700 N. Main St. The briefing is limited to working members of the news media and will be livestreamed on the City of Las Cruces YouTube channel.
Young Park and surrounding roadways remain temporarily closed while investigators process the scene.
More information will be released as it becomes available.
Sign up for Organ Mountain News, our free email newsletter